Let’s make depositing money for betting on soccer easy. In this guide we will go through the options and the process of funding your account at prediction sites online step by step. Even though, the methods of payment might differ and the number of legal gambling sites at your location might be limited, the standard rules for making your deposit at betting sites are more or less the same.
Quick Guide for Depositing Money for Betting
- Log in to your account at the sportsbook site you have selected for gambling;
- Click on the “Deposit” button that you most often find on the top right-hand side of the page. Alternatively, you can access money depositing page via your profile by clicking on your account name display and then “Deposit”;
- Continue by selecting your preferred deposit method for betting. You will most likely get a pop up list of different options that the prediction site online is offering you;
- Follow the instructions filling in all your payment details required. Some extra terms and conditions, such as minimum amount of deposit for receiving a betting bonus or for completing funding your account might apply.
Available Betting Deposit Methods
The options you will have for funding your player account at prediction sites depend on your country and site. You can check all the deposit methods available for you in the “Deposit options” page at the specific site that you want to use for betting for real money.
These are the most common payment methods accepted to make a deposit into your prediction site account:
- Credit cards such as Visa, Master Card and, for some betting sites, even Maestro;
- Paysafe Card – prepayment card;
- Skrill eWallet;
- Neteller eWallet;
- Bank Transfer, including Instant Bank Transfer option;
- Pay Pal.
Deposit Fees at Betting Sites
Fair prediction sites will never charge you with any fees for deposits. They might do so for withdrawals, but not when you actually want to fund your betting account with some cash. This is, unfortunately, not as easy with banks, credit cards and e-wallets. They might include an extra fee just because you are depositing money into a gambling site.
The fees will vary between different payment options. Please check in the ‘Deposit’ section when you are inserting the amount you want to deposit as different fees should show automatically. Most likely, you will find a payment method which will not have any deposit fee available.
Note, that in some countries it is illegal to gamble for real money, hence a legal deposit might not be an option. Please, understand that fair betting sites will seldom allow gambling from locations, where it is forbidden. You always gamble at your own risk, but you do it even more so, when you try to do an illegal deposit at prediction sites.
Making Safe Deposits at Prediction Sites Online
Let’s assume that you are allowed to place a deposit from your country. You have selected a licensed prediction site online and want to get into action. How safe is it to make a deposit in order to start betting for real money and get a chance to win some?
If the betting site you are registered with has its license in Malta, UK or Gibraltar, your deposits are most likely safe. Other jurisdictions, such as Curacao and Isle of Man pose a higher level of risk. You will find detailed information about your betting site license and the security measures it takes in the footer. If there is no link and no logo to the licensing authority to be found there, we recommend you to avoid this site.
All customer deposits at prediction sites are normally held in bank accounts with regulated, tier-1 of financial institutions. Tier-1 is the core measure of a bank’s financial strength from a regulator’s point of view. If your betting site sticks to this rule, you should be sure that the site is no scam and that making deposits at this sportsbook site is safe.
Problems with Money Not Credited When Depositing
If the money you have deposited was not credited to your prediction site account, you should contact customer service team who should be able to help you further. The issue with funds not being credited should not occur, hence there must be something wrong either with your bank or payment method or technical problems of some sort. Please be prepared to provide the following information, when you contacting them regarding your deposit problems:
- Which deposit method did you use?
- When did you make the deposit?
- What amount was the deposit of?
- Did you receive an error message during the deposit process and if so, which one?
- Have the funds been withdrawn from the account you made your deposit from? If so, please provide your prediction site customer support personnel with a screenshot of the transaction.
Minimum Amount for Betting Deposit
The minimum amount you can deposit on prediction sites depends on the payment method you decide to use and the country you are registered from. Please check the standard min amount for betting deposit in the table below. Note that it should be used solely as an example:
- VISA: €10
- Mastercard: €10
- Maestro: €10
- Entropay: €10
- Neteller: €10
- Skrill: €10
- Paysafe: €10
- Bank Transfer: €10
- Paypal: €10
For other currencies, such as dollar and pound, the currency denomination used by betting sites is normally 1:1, which means that your minimum deposit amount for real money gambling on sports would be 10 dollar and 10 pounds for the example above.